This Discovery is an opportunity for Guides to come together for an exciting week filled with a variety of activities! This Discovery will be a Hauora themed week, based around the model of Te Whare Tapa Whā (spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health). Throughout the week you will be involved in outdoor exploration (walks, glow worm caves, activities to challenge yourself), mindfulness and wellbeing activities such as yoga and meditation, pamper sessions (think face masks, making your own lip balm etc) and visits to different organisations in the area that embrace the theme. There will also be time for some downtime to chill out and relax! This Discovery is going to be a wonderful week to challenge yourself, try some new things and make new friends!
- Dates: 16 – 20 January 2023
- Times: Drop-off at 2.00pm on 16 January (dinner will be provided this night) with pickup at 11am on 20 January
- Fee: $550.00 due 9 December 2022
- Location: Hamilton Tomo Group Hut, 155 Te Anga Road, Waitomo Caves
- Is travel to and from the venue arranged for me? No, all travel to and from the venue is to be arranged for and paid by parents/caregivers. These costs aren’t included in the fee cost.
- What does the fee cover? The fee covers all accommodation, food and activity costs during your stay.
- What happens if I don’t pay the fee by 9 December 2022? Your child will be removed from the attendance list and her place offered to a girl on the waitlist.
- Is the fee refundable if my child can no longer attend? Up until the confirmation deadline of 9 December 2022, your fee is fully refundable should you need to withdraw your child from the event. After this date, we have already paid out costs associated with the confirmed number of girls attending and the fee becomes non-refundable. Please email us at [email protected] for any clarity or support required around this.
- What happens if my child becomes unwell while on camp? If this occurs, you will need to collect your child from the camp, possibly at short notice. A leader will remain with her until you are able to get there.
- What do I need to take? You will be emailed a copy of the kitlist prior to the event taking place.
This event is a nationally run event and invites have gone out via OGM, for any queries or concerns, or if you haven’t received an invite, please email [email protected]