We have already kicked 2021 off with a bang in the world of Discoveries. We ran two incredibly popular Outdoor Recreation themed events for Guides and Rangers in the Waikato and Christchurch, with many girls saying they are now getting excited for Jamboree. We also ran six Pippins and Brownies events in Auckland. The feedback from all of these Discoveries was overwhelmingly positive.
Discoveries are a fantastic way for girls to meet new friends, take a step outside of their comfort zone by trying something different, and see different parts of the country.
In the April school holidays we will be focusing on Guides and Ranger Discoveries, so that the second half of the year is freer for our girls to focus on the upcoming January 2022 Jamboree. Invitations for the April events (see below) will be sent via OGM soon and, if your daughter is interested, don’t delay in signing her up – these events usually fill up very quickly!
- Outdoor AdventurHers, Abel Tasman 19 – 23 April (this is different to the Abel Tasman Tramp)
- EcSTatic (Science and Technology), Wellington 21 – 25 April
- PerformHers – Madly Music, Auckland 21 – 25 April
- EcSTatic, Auckland 26 – 30 April
- ExtrEAM (Engineering, Art, and Math), New Plymouth 27 Apr – 1 May
- Outdoor AdventurHers, Tauranga (dates TBC)
Throughout the year we will be running many of our one-day events for Pippins and Brownies, with the intention to bring these to as many areas as possible so that it is easier for every girl to attend. More information about these events will be available in the next Our News and invitations will go out through OGM once the finer details are planned.