We are often asked what our girls do at GirlGuiding besides camps and knot tying. 👩🚀 Here’s a round-up list of some of the activities available on our programmes! 💥
– Taking on science experiments to learn about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and the environment.
– Learning how to read maps, use a compass and be safe outdoors.
– Exploring the community and visiting community spaces, gardens, theatres etc
– Sprouting seeds in a bag without any soil.
– Building robots.
– Learning how to pack smartly by doing luggage challenges and prepping for camping trips
– Trying new outdoor activities and challenging themselves by rock climbing, ziplining, kayaking, hiking, tramping and camping!
– Going on scavenger hunts.
– Learning how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
– Fundraising for causes they care about.
– Learning about all aspects of diversity – cultural, physical, ethnicity, gender etc
– Trying orienteering or geocaching.
– Looking after the community by doing clean-ups, planting trees and engaging with other community groups.
– Experiencing new activities on wheels – skateboards, rollerblades, scooters or bike rides.
– Learning how to build rafts and work as a team.
Above all else, girls have heaps of fun as they explore their world and grow into confident young women, ready to take on tomorrow as true leaders!
Note: These are all examples of activities in our programmes. Each programme is age-appropriate and takes girls on their Guiding journey through Pippins, Brownies, Guides and Rangers. All activities are led by our awesome volunteers, who are trained and qualified to take girls on adventures. This is just the beginning – being in GirlGuiding is so much more! 💙 #YOUBETHEGUIDE
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all the awesome things our girls do!