The Juliette Low Seminar 2019 is an international leadership development programme. Applications are now open to Guiding Leaders aged 20-30 to apply for the 2019 Juliette Low seminar which is being held in 20 locations around the world in November 2019.
GirlGuiding New Zealand will send up to eight participants to this event. The top NZ candidates will receive funding of $1000-2000 each, a further four spaces will be available for young leaders who are able to fund themselves to the event.
The Juliette Low Seminar 2019 has two parts:
Part 1: Attend an international event for 6 and a half days with 40 – 60 of your Guiding and Scouting peers; explore ways to break gender barriers to leadership, develop your own leadership practice and create a plan to reach 100 girls in your local area – all whilst having the adventure of a lifetime.
Part 2: Use your plan to complete your leadership project once you return home, share your knowledge and make an impact.
Participants should be:
- An active member of GirlGuiding New Zealand and able to show an ongoing commitment to our organisation into the future
- 20 – 30 years old by 30 November 2019
- Able to understand and communicate well in one of the following: Arabic, English, French, Mandarin (Chinese) Spanish or Swahili
- Adaptable, culturally sensitive and opened minded
- Willing to undertake new and challenging experiences
- Mature and responsible global citizens
To apply now download the international application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 December. Please note that the questions on being a contingent leader do not need to be completed by either the applicant or the endorsers.
Any questions please contact Linda Read, email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 31 December and will need to complete a second application form and be available for possible phone or Skype interviews during the first two weeks of January. Final selection will be made by 25 January.